Monday, February 9, 2015

Painting the basement living room

We have painted our little hearts out over the past week! Thank goodness the colors I chose are neutral because I am never painting again. Okay, not really. I have to paint the bar this week. My poor body is screaming "noooo"!

Anyways, here are before and after pics of the basement living room:

Before adding primer, I used the shop vac and good old fashioned sweeping to get rid of the drywall dust. I then washed all the walls twice with a damp sponge.


Ignore the massive mess please!





I used one coat of Glidden primer from Home Depot next:




Followed by two coats of Popular Gray flat paint from Sherwin Williams:

**As you look at these pics, keep in mind that we are putting crown molding up (hence the excuse for my messy trim work). 





As we moved into other rooms to paint, the mess in the middle just kept growing... and growing... and growing...

This is a daylight basement, but the two big windows are in the two bedrooms. Since there's not a lot of natural light in the living room, I wanted to keep the paint color light. For more pics of Popular Gray used in homes, check out Houzz. To see the bar room that we painted earlier, click here. Check back tomorrow to see the bedroom painted!

No comments:

Post a Comment