Tuesday, November 18, 2014

DIY barnwood welcome sign




This is a super easy project! I know, I know - I say that all the time. But for real! All you need is a piece of old barn wood, letters, and nails. We've been tearing down a shed and are using the barn wood for the ceiling of our basement bar. We made some great progress last night. I can't wait to create a post on it! Anyways, I stole a piece of barn wood for this project. There are ways to distress new wood if you can't find an old piece (click here, here, and here).


I bought letters from Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off so this whole project cost me less than $12.



Then all I did was arrange the letters on the wood and nailed them to it!


Okay, so my husband actually nailed them in so I guess he deserves some credit...

An air compressor nail gun worked great for this project, but gluing or regular nails might work too.

Be sure to clip the nails on the other side so that they don't scratch anything.









Here are some of my other outdoor fall decorations:



Good thing I took these pics a couple weeks ago because now they're covered in snow and my pumpkins are frozen solid! Ugh.

P.S. Follow me on facebook and twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment