Monday, April 7, 2014

Craigslist finds... decorative door



We spent our weekend replacing doors! I know, I know... what an exciting life we live. Today we'll talk about our front door. This project only cost us $45.

Our old front door was just blah. Here it is:


Front of the old door.
Backside of the old door. Stormy would not move. I think he thought it was time for a walk - poor thing.
I found a door on Craigslist with decorative glass for $45. Similar new doors were running well over $200. It was a little banged up, but nothing paint couldn't fix. I used paint I had on hand - a blue color for the outside and beige for the inside.



Installing it
After

Below is what the new door looks like from the inside. It really brightens up that corner. Plus, we can now see who is at the door when people knock. Very important when trying to avoid vacuum salesmen, Jehovah's witnesses, and kids selling stuff. Okay, we're not totally cold hearted... we usually buy junk from the kids.




What do you think? Not bad for $45! You can do this too. Just keep an eye on Craigslist. I've been casually watching for a decorative door for months. I found one a while back, but was too slow and it was already spoken for. Timing is everything on Craigslist.

Check out my other Craigslist finds below.

Craigslist finds... dining room
Craigslist finds... living room
Craigslist finds... outdoor living

No comments:

Post a Comment