Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day weekend recap

What a nice, long, relaxing weekend. Thank you to all of our service members past and present. It wasn't really feeling like Memorial Day until we attended a service at the Adams, NE cemetery. They brought in almost a dozen WWII vets, the founders of Patriotic Productions, and a horse with a riderless saddle as a tribute. I wish I would have gotten better pictures.


I spent most of the weekend cutting fresh flowers and arranging them. Every nook and cranny of our house has a bouquet - mostly peonies right now.




My husband worked on our outdoor table.

Nice, right?

We also enjoyed vising family members and driving around the countryside. I'm on the hunt for wildflowers and was curious to see what was blooming. I've been asked to decorate for my brother's fiance's bridal shower. I'm hoping I can use fresh (free) flowers. Below is what we found. I need to find more colors besides purple and yellow. Nebraska's official Wildflower Week is May 30-June 10 so I'm hoping some different kinds will pop up soon. The Roadside Wildflower Guide is a good resource btw.


Enjoy the short work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment