Monday, February 24, 2014

diy moving survival kit

We helped my cousin and her husband move over the weekend. Not only are they family, but they're dear friends of ours and I'm very thankful for their friendship. They bought a beautiful acreage in south Lincoln that would be any decorators' dream. The home has so much character. We're talking pillars, big entry with staircase to second floor, light posts along the winding drive, etc. It's nothing like the typical cookie cutter houses they build today. I can't wait to see how she'll decorate for the holidays. It could be something straight out of a magazine.

Anyways, onto today's project. I made a little moving survival kit for them. Since I coupon, this kit cost me next to nothing. I used a shoe box and ribbon I had on hand as the "basket".

The kit includes:

-toilet paper (nothing worse than getting to a new place and not being able to use the bathroom)
-hand soap
-a beer (moving sucks)
-dish soap
-toiletries just in case they can't find their own - toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, lotion
-antibacterial gel
-chocolate
-stir sticks for painting







Do you have any friends or family that will be moving soon? I'm sure they'll find something like this handy! Even if they don't, it's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment