Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day shelf

The holiday of love, romance, and mushiness is upon us. The rest of this week and next will be all about Valentine's Day! I never decorate for this holiday so I don't have any decor on hand. However, after stumbling across neat ideas on pinterest I suddenly decided I need to at least try. Here's my first attempt:





This shelf is on a small wall that separates part of the kitchen from the living room.

I actually had all of these items on hand...
  • I purchased the mirror from Menards recently. It was originally $64.99, but was marked down to $29.99. It's in the clearance section in the south Lincoln store if you're interested.
  • I've had the clock forever. I think it's from Gordmans. 
  • The flowers were originally a gold and red bouquet in a brown vase. A while back I took out the gold flowers, added in a few more red, and painted the vase black. 
  • The red lantern is from Shopko. I bought it during their 90% off Christmas clearance. I need to find a candle for it.
  • I had the frame on hand, but printed the free striped 8x10 insert from the website Love from the Oven.
So there you have it. You can use items you have on hand too. Throw in a little red or pink and a heart and you're set!

Check back tomorrow for a diy Valentine's wreath tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment