Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras!

Happy Fat Tuesday! How many of you are celebrating tonight? Thought I would share some festive crafts that I've stumbled across recently.

The following three pictures were found on pinterest. Unfortunately they do not link to the proper sites so I don't have instructions. I'll do my best to make up my own so bear with me!

You could make a wreath using one of the following tutorials (just pick out Mardi Gras colored bulbs):

Live Love DIY
Mommy's Kitchen
Crafts and More!


The last step would be gluing Mardi Gras colored beads on top.
Buy extra beads because you can also use them in these apothecary jars. It doesn't get much easier than this. Pick up some jars from Hobby Lobby, Pier1, Target, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc. Place beads inside and tie a festive ribbon on top.


I really wish I could find instructions for this next project. My guess is that you take a board, trace an outline of a Mardi Gras design, and then glue small and medium bulbs onto the board in the desired pattern.


You should be able to find Mardi Gras items at party stores and online. Eat, drink, and be merry today! Hope you enjoy Fat Tuesday!

One last thing... I just have to share this photo that I took from our deck last night. A Nebraska sunset at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment