Thursday, September 11, 2014

A true friend leaves paw prints on your heart

Our family dog passed away during the night Tuesday and I found out at work Wednesday. I was truly a hot mess all day. Thank goodness I have an office with a door I can just close. Our dog's name was Husker and he was a Golden Retriever. Dad got him for us kids when he came back from serving in Iraq in 2003.



He was just the cutest puppy and grew to be the most loyal dog. Do you ever look back and wish you would have spent more time with your pets, kids, friends, etc.? I was in high school when we got Husker so like most high schoolers I was too wrapped up in myself. I tried to spend as much time as I could with him once I grew out of that stage. It's probably why I smother my own pets to death now. I never want to feel that way again. I swear my pets are sometimes thinking "Get away from me you crazy lady!" Animals are truly remarkable and selfless. Husker reminded me of that every time I saw him.







It's been a tough year for our family with my parents getting divorced and in some ways it feels like Husker was the last piece connecting us all. But I am thankful God took him when he did. It was time. RIP, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment