Monday, December 16, 2013

Save money on haircuts

UPDATE: I've now been purchasing Living Social and Groupon deals for hair coloring and cuts at salons. Sometimes these deal sites have codes for an extra % off so it's actually cheaper than College of Hair Design! Plus, the stylist is more experienced and it doesn't take near as long. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I get my hair cut and colored at the College of Hair Design in Lincoln, NE. I go to both the downtown and south locations. It saves me major $$$! There are hair schools all over so anyone should be able to take advantage of this.

My husband and I went in last week and both got haircuts. We had a two cuts for $10 coupon (so $5 each). Now if you're nervous about a student cutting your hair, don't be. The instructors are there and check periodically to make sure the student is doing it right.

I get a trim every couple of months... sometimes with a reconstructor which really strengthens the hair. I color my hair only a couple times a year. If I get just highlights and a cut, it's usually under $30. If I get highlights and lowlights, the total is closer to $60. A reconstructor is $10. Kids can get $5 cuts every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (no coupon needed).

Since I can't pass for a kid, I always bring a coupon. You can print your own here. I was paying $100+  at the salon before switching over several years ago.

To ease your mind, here are some pics of my cut:



I look like a deer caught in headlights. Selfies are awkward.


See! No bald spot or uneven chunks! I'm trying to grow it back out so my hair is in that awful in between stage. Here is a pic of my longer hair that was colored and cut there as well:

Of course I had to pick a Christmas one!
I've also gotten shellac manicures and pedicures, deep conditioning treatments, massages and facials at the College of Hair Design. Cost me literally a fraction of going to a regular salon.

It does take longer because the students are learning so block out extra time. Finally, ask for an advanced senior when making an appointment. They are the most experienced and are about to graduate.


No comments:

Post a Comment