Friday, December 6, 2013

Displaying Christmas cards

There is something so exciting about opening the mailbox and getting Christmas cards throughout December! It's a nice change from the usual bills and spam. Normally I hang our cards on the fridge, but this year I decided to switch it up.


Remember how I picked up a ton of free shutters from EcoStore? Their Free Friday is TODAY by the way! I've done other projects with the shutters (see here and here), but still have a few leftover.

Why not hang Christmas cards on them?

I was prepared to prime and paint, but discovered I had a white one that was in decent shape. I cleaned it up and called it good. I was feeling lazy.


After it dried, my husband put a long nail into the top for the wreath to hang on. I found this wreath a couple years ago at Shopko during their 90% off holiday sale. I don't remember the exact price, but I'm sure it wasn't much. I like how the white frosted parts on the wreath match the white shutter.



I used mini clothespins from JoAnn's Fabric. They range from $2-3 depending on what size and color you buy. Use a coupon when you check out to bring the price down. Their coupons can be found here.


I haven't received many Christmas cards this year since it's still early. Luckily, I had some laying around from years past. It's fun to look back and see how much everyone has changed!


As usual, here is my cat sniffing out the new "thing" in HIS house. 


He also loves this time of year. So many boxes!

1 comment: