Thursday, January 23, 2014

Buy slightly damaged goods to save money

If merchandise is damaged, chances are it's marked down. If it's not marked down, be sure to ask for a discount at the register. Of course you don't want to buy anything broken, but items with slight flaws can be great deals.

For example, I bought these two damaged items at Hobby Lobby.




Can you tell where they're damaged? Me neither!

The picture was originally over $100 and I got it for around $10. The bottom frame was chipping, but that's an easy fix. 



You can buy these furniture markers at Walmart. I used it on the frame and viola! Good as new. 


This jewelry organizer is also damaged. It was 75% off because it's missing two knobs. 


Bet you never would have guessed that at first glance. 



I hang certain pieces of jewelry on here. I like how my turquoise jewelry matches the Tiffany bag.




Moral of the story: Buy damaged if it's not noticeable and saves you a decent amount of money. This applies to clothing too! You'll be surprised how easily store associates will take an extra 10-25% off for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment