Thursday, November 14, 2013

Painting laminate floors

Just like laminate countertops, laminate floors are everywhere. If you missed my tutorial on painting countertops, check it out here.

Apparently you can paint laminate floors as well! Who knew? While I'm thankful we replaced all of our flooring with new, I kind of wish I had some old crummy laminate to try this out on. (Hint to my friends... anyone trust me enough with their floors?!)

*All of the pictures in today's post are from the respective blogs.

I found a tutorial from View Along the Way.




She cleaned the floors really well, sanded them, used a regular latex primer, and then 'porch and floor' paint.

The entire laundry room update cost her $157. Genius.


On The Ugly Duckling House, Sarah painted her laminate flooring with Rustoleum Countertop paint.


Lisa, from Lisa's Creative Designs has painted most of the floors in her house! She also used 'porch and floor' paint.


And of course, you can't go wrong with a tutorial from the diy network.


I'm just itching to try this out. What a cool idea. Certainly cheaper than new flooring!

No comments:

Post a Comment