Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Why Kohl's is my favorite Black Friday store

I love Kohl's!!! I shop there year round, but especially on Black Friday. They started their online Black Friday sale last night at midnight and the deals are still going on. Every Black Friday, Kohl's lets you earn $15 in Kohl's cash for every $50 spent. This year you can redeem the Kohl's cash between December 2-11. Many of their Black Friday deals have rebates on top of the sales. For example, I just purchased this KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-qt. Stand Mixer and CorningWare French White 10-pc. Set for $118.44 online. Retail is $364.98 for both items! I saved $246.54!!! For comparison, the sale price at Walmart for the mixer alone is $199.

Kohls.com
Kohls.com
Update: I also just bought this Food Network 15-pc. Stainless Steel Cutlery Set. The original price was $179.99 and I got it for $12.51! That's a savings of $167.48.


Here is how I did it:

KitchenAid Mixer
Regular price = $299.99
Sale price = $229.99
Code 20FORU = 20% off
Mail in rebate = $30 off

CorningWare
Regular price $64.99
Sale price $29.99
Code 20FORU = 20% off
Mail in rebate = $10 off

This brings the total for both to $203.44 (including tax and a $3.25 shipping surcharge for the mixer), but before rebate and Kohl's cash. Once I subtract $40 in rebates and $45 in Kohl's cash, I spent $118.44.

I purchased the knives later in a separate transaction.

Food Network Cutlery Set
Regular price = $179.99
Sale price = $79.99
Code 20FORU = 20% off
Mail in rebate = $40 off

Shipping was free with a $50 purchase. I earned $15 Kohls cash as well so it brought the price to $12.51 including tax.

My brother is getting married so these are his wedding gifts (shhh!). Hopefully he doesn't read this.

Kohl's is awesome any day of the year as well. I have their credit card (which of course I pay off every month otherwise I wouldn't be saving any money). They send regular coupons ranging from 15%-30% off which you can use on everything in the store - even clearance. I usually wait to shop at Kohl's until I have a 30% off and they're offering $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 spent. I mostly shop the clearance sections online and in the stores. Many times I'm able to find clothing or home decor for $1-$5. Remember though, I'm always shopping the off season items which are discounted around 80%. You can't shop at Goodwill for that price!

I also love that Kohl's is super lenient on their return policy and coupon usage. You can return just about anything even if you don't have the receipt. I bought a Keurig from them and it stopped working in less than a year. I didn't have my receipt, but I took it back and they gladly gave me store credit! I've also failed to look at the dates on coupons and have gotten to the register with coupons that weren't valid. The cashier took them anyway! Finally, there have been times I've found merchandise that's slightly damaged and they've given an extra 10%-25% off without batting an eye.

I just love love love Kohl's. They're awesome. I hope they continue with the coupons, Kohl's cash, and lenient policies.

Start browsing their Black Friday deals now!

*All pictures are from Kohls.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment