I found this dresser on the curb. It was missing two drawers and was looking pretty rough, but I was excited!
I had been on the hunt for a taller tv stand and thought this just might work.
I took off the hardware and used my power sander on it. I highly recommend purchasing one if you're doing a lot of projects. They're not that expensive and it saves time (and your hands/arms). My husband removed the two pieces of wood from the top drawers that the drawers slid on with a small pry bar.
I then cleaned it with TSP and let it dry. I painted it with three coats of Rustoleum Satin Espresso.
I also bought new hardware from Menards. I was going to salvage the existing hardware and spray paint it, but I was missing one of the smaller knobs. By the time I bought a can of spray paint it was cheaper to buy all new. Each knob and handle was less than $1.
Here is the final product: